Tuesday 2 April 2013

The need for self-discipline

 

The time has come! The one that was highly anticipated yet with so much energy it has already drained me. I was looking forward to 3rd year of University but nothing prepared me for this. It's as if if January was just yesterday. My mind can't seem to fathom just how on earth April is upon us. For me, this month holds a particular significance. It's a month that will make or break me. It's what I've been looking forward to since the beginning of this degree, seeing just how far I've come. And with no information of where I'm heading after this chapter of my life is over, I open up my arms and I embrace the mistery.


The struggle is real
Yet, truthfully, I have to admit that I've been struggling. Struggling to balance everything. My thoughts, my ideas and my work. They all work hand-in-hand. This is the time where I have to use all the information and skills  accumulated in the past 3 years and strategically apply it into my final end of year project. It's the time where time never stops running, and I likewise feel like I'm constantly chasing behind it. It's the time when stress-levels are on an all-time-high...and I, have got to make sure that I am breathing. And speaking of breathing, this month will require my everything. I have to breathe, live, eat and even sweat hard work. And Speaking of Hard Work, I have to be certain that I Work hard, in order to make these few weeks Count. Speaking of Counting, I, want to try not to let this workload consume me.

So, I vow to do all-nighters, at the expense of not letting time run out on me. I all seems pretty impossible if you may ask me, and If you were to look at the list of things that I need to accomplish right now, you too would feel for me. But I shall, and will not allow this trying and harsh circumstance pull me to the ground. I will stand TALL, fearless and Strong as I have an even Greater Designer (and Father) above me who knows all things and has compassion. He, will get me through it. My intelligence, wisdom and strength comes from him,  the source and giver of all.

So I begin this final race, this final hurdle of completing this degree with so much confidence and stamina, checking that I have all the right (spiritual) garments on. Not forgetting my Lord, who is by my side at all times, and will be directing my feet as I run towards the finishing line. Slow pace, breathing constantly, checking my timing and looking up to the skies as I put my hope and trust in Him. It's bound to be an interesting race, and through it all, I have no worry. Because I KNOW, I will make it to the finishing line with pride and a big ol' Smile :D and a Shout of Triumph. (please pray for me)

Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,(Romans 5:3-4)

See you on the other side.


Fufu xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment