Sunday 5 January 2014

Music Monday: Oceans~ my song of 2013


Allow me to take this opportunity to wish you a H.A.P.P.Y - N.E.W- Y.E.A.R to you wherever you may be reading this. May it trully be a year of new discoveries and tremendous blessing!

I don’t know about you but 2013 for me was the most challenging and most rewarding year wrapped up in failure and overwhelming victory all in one. But in the midst of the chaos, the stress, the heartache and tears, I’ve found true joy in the presence of God…just letting go and letting God. Worship has become as important as breathing to me. I’ve come to realise just how precious spending time with God is, it’s a time of healing, of refreshing, or replenishing and of putting things into perspective. It’s where I truly loose myself, allowing God to do his business, where I am completely and utterly content.
 
‘We were made to worship Him not just in a song on Sunday mornings, but 24/7 in all that we say and do.’ Michelle McKinney Hammond
The challenge however arises when we face the reality of everyday life and for most of us who are constantly spinning a million and one plates, this entire concept of worship becomes a task we would much rather avoid, and revisit on a Sunday. Just the idea of worshiping for half an hour sounds exhausting and impossible to some. We have to shift our mentality from this ‘performance based’ ideology which suggests worship being some sort of ritual or an obligation. But I want to challenge you to consider otherwise. The truth is this, ‘Worship is a heart-response of gratitude and honour of God – wherever you are and whatever you are doing.’ Worship should in fact be our lifestyle. I’ve found myself caught up in his presence at 6:30am on my way to work singing quietly…or out loud (like a crazy drunken woman, as some may be thinking – which reminds me of the story of Anna in the bible)

A song that really ministered to me on a personal level and perfectly highlights my new venture thus far and one that overall sums up my year 2013 is Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United.
You call me out upon the waters
We sometimes forget that it is God himself who’s always the one calling us further and drawing us deeper into his presence. We ought to remind ourselves daily that God is not distant; He is closer than we think. He is our loving, understanding, ever faithful confidante. And ‘when oceans rise’ in your life, find comfort in your saviour’s loving arms and trust his grace.
I will call upon Your Name
Just like Jesus called Peter outside the boat to walk on water, there still exists a tremendous invitation for us today. The question is what will be our answer? Will we simply ignore his voice, or opt to listen and to act. Remember that the journey begins when we genuinely want to worship Him, without force, or obligation…when we are the ones taking the first step & longing to take the first step. You are his servant, whom He loves deeply...call upon His name, desire his presence & watch bless you every step of the way.
And my faith will be made stronger
The end goal of it all is that our faith may be strengthened through the many trials life throws at us. Rest assured that God truly is at his best when He is the strength in our weakness. My prayer today is that this may be our response:
‘…Your face, Lord, I will seek.’ (Psalms 27:8 NKJV)

I hope this new endeavour blesses you, keep an eye out for many more to come.
Joy and Peace,

Fufu

No comments:

Post a Comment