Sunday 3 March 2013

Bala 2013 (in pictures)

 
 
 
This weekend has been phenomenal. After 3 weeks of hardcore working hard, writing my research paper, designing and preparing for presentations here, there and everywhere I've been looking forward to taking a break, particularly anticipating my Church Weekend-Away to a small stunning town called Bala, set in the glorious scenery of Snowdonia National Park in North Wales.

It was our little retreat together, a time to get to know each other well, for friendships to really blossom and for God to truly manifest himself in us as we looked at the exciting things our church has coming up in the next few years. From my perspective, It  was unmissable. I happened to miss the previous one which took place 2 years ago, and this being my last year as a student, was more of a reason to make sure I attended. Amazing things took place. Lots of revelations, reaffirmations but above all, tears flowed. Of Joy, true authentic JOY that comes from a higher source. We worshipped together, studied the bible, had an Amazing session which was led by our guest speaker Ric Thorpe who came all the way from London.

We bonded, laughed, interceded for one another and grew closer and closer to God. The whole experience far exceeded my expectations, and I'm so glad I had the chance to just take a weekend off to hibernate, stop worrying, focus my sight and faith on the author of time, who is in control of my future and to marvel at the beauty of his wonderful works through nature. So I shall end there, (Still learning to write less and less, rounding things up, cutting to the chase etc)...So here is a few picture I took this morning. A few of us decided to wake up early (6:30am to be precise) and go for an early morning walk to catch a glimpse of the sunrise. It was beautiful, I love how peaceful and calm the mornings are, a perfect time to reflect, meditate, have a one to one time with yourself and God. I am going to try more and more to incorporate this little early morning rise reflection in my daily routine to balance the long busy days. I hope this finds you well, and that you've enjoyed your weekend. Enjoy, (c) Fufu Photography.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment