Sunday 27 January 2013

When the going gets tough, BAKE.....

So it's the end of January already? Like, how did that happen...I feel like it was just yesterday I was here posting about how I'm so excited for the new year & the awesome adventures I have ahead. That was 3 weeks ago, oh my. To be fair, life has been super busy for me (nothing has changed)...I did warn you guys that blogging this semester is going to be a challenge, and indeed I was right. It's proving to be more than just that. And the mere thought of that sucks.
I really like being here and just writing a bunch of crazy thoughts I have in my head...but erm, yeah...Maybe I have to try harder. Uh oh, there it goes. TRY HARDER!! That's exactly what I seem to be doing these days. Am I like the only one who's finding it pretty difficult to concentrate and thus try to achieve my goals? I don't know what it is...But I'm praying even harder, so it is well.

So, due to my busy schedules and CRAZY workload for University, sometimes I just bail the books (well mostly pencil and paper) and just take some time out. YES, it's vital. I think sometimes we can get so overwhelmed with how manic things are around us that we forget to take a wee break. Just a night of doing absolutely nothing, get yout best dvds out and just enjoy. The quietness (without your thoughts wondering to conting down how many words you still have left to complete that assignment you should be doing) *breathes*. Total bliss. And as you guys know me...I LOVE TO BAKE. It's that only time where I can switch off completely...get all my ingredients out and GET MESSY. That's the best bit. Messiness. It's so therapeutic, I would recommend it. No recipes, no perfection...just experimenting. Getting in the zone, mainly out of procrastination but hey, what is a girl to do at 11pm?? So I've been perfecting some of my all time favourites, and y'all know there's only one place I go find my recipes.

 http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/all/episodes.php?sortby=a

You guys need to go check her out, she's super talented and so charming. I also LOVE her Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/lauravitaleskitchen <----- That's where it goes down, some incredible and did I mention EASY recipes inspired by her Italian roots put together for your enjoyments. Go check her out, But in the mean time..allow me to share some of my recent experiments in pictures, just to encourage you to try it out. You'll love it.


The Yummy peanut-butter cookies


 

                                                              Perfect for a little late-night-snacking


 The ever-so-delicious Banana Bread, Perfect for early morning breakfast
 
 
 
 
So, there it is. DOn't forget to check her website for more info and lots of recipe ideas for yourself or that special occasion. I hope you're having a fabulous, quiet weekend. Happy Sunday! Joy and peace! :)

Fufu. <3
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment