Sunday 6 April 2014

Music Monday: H-A-P-P-Y


There’s a song that’s been in my head for months now. A song that instantly makes me want to get up and boogie like it’s the 90’s and do it fearlessly like no one is watching. As soon as the beat drops, and drums starts beating- I’m caught. Whatever I am doing, no matter how miserable the day may have been, this song just somehow seems to bring a raw energy of Joy into my life. It truly does brighten up the mood of the day at that given moment, just like the bright yellow used in the background of the single cover photo with the word HAPPY carefully placed right at the middle. Its simplicity, repetitiveness, catchiness and the inevitable invitation to join in is what wins this song the second music Monday award on the blog.

“Happiness does not come from without, it comes from within” ― Helen Keller




Those who know me well will know that music-wise, I don’t really listen to many mainstream songs. I find that  a lot of today’s music is full of nonsense, and carries with it this analogy; ‘as long as it has a good beat, and makes club-goers move, it’s a hit-tune’. What happened to good music? You know the one I’m talking about, those good old days when music was tackling social issues whilst leaving the soul pleasantly content. When it filled your mind with questions, left you pondering on issues that actually mattered, and brought people together with the same interests. As one of my favourite artist of all times (Ms Lauryn Hill) once put it ‘Music is Supposed to Inspire, so how come we ain’t gettin’ no higher?’ And it is such questions that still linger in my mind, and have yet to be answered. So you can imagine my excitement when I first came across this particular song. Unlike any song I’ve heard recently, this one instantaneously brings forth a strong gust of positivity that is beyond inspiring. Given the title of this blog, there was no way I could escape NOT writing up my thoughts on this one, and you know how much I love such movements. So here’s what I learned from this song;

* Stop taking life so seriously, take God very seriously.
* If you’re happy and you know it, clap your Hand and dance
* Don’t let the negativity of life bring you down
* Embrace the season you’re in
* Be the room without the roof
* run around, jump up and down and praise God that you’re still here
* Always remember: contentment and gratitude is everything

So here’s wishing you a wonderful week ahead, filled with happiness and true Joy. Have fun!

Fufu xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment