Wednesday 12 February 2014

A new dawn, a new season…


Well, this is long overdue. I’ve been in the hiding folks, a much needed and anticipated one. I know what I did was sneaky there, and tactical. I just dropped a blog and disappeared for a whole month, no explanation or nothing. How dare me? But on a serious note, I’ve been re-evaluating the real purpose of this blog. And I know, I know… I always tend to speak of the exiting plans I have for this platform but never care to continue it or give it time to flourish. The time has come. As you may have already noticed, this New Year has brought forth a new look for the blog. [The old one was seriously beginning to grate on me, and thus genuinely prevented me from writing] It’s funny isn’t it, how a little change of appearance can inspire a new found confidence to want to do what we love to do the most. This emphasis reminds me of one of my favourite quotes (YES, dem quotes ain’t goin’ nowhere peeps) by the amazing & brilliant Maya Angelou;
'If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Speaking of change, I’ve been meaning to write up a post about my New Year’s resolutions for 2014; only to realise that I didn’t have any. Not a great start really is it? Let me begin again. This year, ladies and gents, I have decided not to write a whole list of things I want to accomplish by the end of the year because I genuinely believe most of us cling on to this ideology only to make ourselves feel better when research actually shows that a high percentage of us do not even follow them up a month down the line. There is of course absolutely nothing wrong with making NY’s resolution; my only problem is that for me, these are just words and no action. And the action part kinda matters more. So for the first time this year, I am going to focus on three very important aspects of my being that I want to invest in as thoroughly as possible throughout 2014. 

1. Mind
Yes, we may not realise it but our minds are extremely important. This is a vital element of who we are that allows us to be aware of the world around us, our experiences, our thoughts and feelings, reasoning and judgements and so much more. Our mental capacity and intellect is so powerful, yet how many of us truly pay attention to it. I vow to appreciate it more, challenge it through reading more rather than spending copious amount of time browsing the internet, and to give it rest when it needs it most.

2. Body
Likewise, the body is also just as vital. I mean, without it we wouldn’t function. Too many of us don’t want to be plagued by illnesses yet we do nothing to prevent it? Taking care of our physical body demands just as much time, effort and commitment. It is therefore imperative that we look after it, be that through controlling what we consume, exercising or simply getting a good night sleep. Trust me I am preaching to myself here, and in no way am I saying it will be easy but it is determined to improve our wellbeing and affect our proactivity.

3. Spirit 
Lastly but not least, I believe my spiritual growth (which is the most valuable one to me) tends to affect how I view the first two and helps me stay positive whilst maintaining and committing to them, challenging issues such as identity, beauty, strength, wisdom, intelligence, relationships, purpose & so much more. And these are the types of topic I want to dig further into on this platform and I’m excited for what these few months have in store. My hope this year is to continue in the faith that was professed to me, but on a deeper level. I honestly want to live by faith and not by sight. When all else fails, I know that it is not the end of the world, I will trust in the Lord and forget not what he has done. I pick myself up and start again. I don’t need to wait for 2015 to begin again.

I believe that each day is a gift from above, some come with more challenges than others…I hope to truly rejoice and be glad in it. Another day, another chance to live it right.

Dare to love, to give, to serve, to empty yourself as Christ did for you
... Michelle MCKinney Hammond

Thank YOU all for being a part of Authentic Happyness in 2013, I have faith that this year will be my best year by far because success is guaranteed for His names’ sake!!

What resolutions or plans do you have for 2014? And how do you wish to carry it out and not grow weary come March? I love hearing from you…  

Fufu  

No comments:

Post a Comment