Saturday 17 November 2012

I will wait for you...


I've been thinking lately. Thinking about that four lettered word, L.O.V.E. (Don't run away just as yet, I promise this is not one of those cheesy thoughts). I mean, it's a pretty inevitable subject to think about, considering I've hit that milestone age of 21. But recently (yesterday to be precise), I was reading a blog by Alyssa Joy & it hit a VERY special place in my heart. So I've decided to write about it. Ladies, this one’s particularly for you. But guys, you’re more than welcome to read on and ponder.

'Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all'.
Isaac Watts (1674-1748)

I've been reading a book with my bible study group called 'Captivating' by John & Stasi Eldredge, it's all about 'unveiling the mystery of a woman's soul'. YES, it's quite deep but so beautiful. Every single chapter captivates me. Literally! It truly encourages me to look deep inside my heart & begin to embrace my femininity...and reveals the life God has called me to live. '...every woman in her heart of hearts longs for three things: to be romanced, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, and to unveil beauty. That's what makes a woman come alive.' -Wouldn't you agree??
 
It's true, as little girls...the desires in our heart to be seen as lovely, beautiful and enchanting still reigns with us right into womanhood. The reality of it all is that as we grow up, our hearts get wounded, pushed aside and thus we find no romance except in novels, movies & that's when we begin to doubt if we will EVER be the Beauty in any tale. BUT, thankfully there's hope.
 
The truth is God loves YOU, yes, YOU. And he has a marvellous plan for your life. He really does. You have to believe that. I for one go through those fazes where I feel lonely, but I know I am certainly NOT alone. I long to be seen, pursued & above all to play a special role in a greater story. All of these desires are placed in our hearts by God himself. He knows our heart. After all, He created it. The important thing to always remember, as Alyssa puts it best;

'He sees you.

He knows you.

He is present.'

So when you're waiting for your mate to come, know that God wants to set your heart free. He is working in you, shaping you to be the woman he created to be. Nothing more, nothing less. He whispers this to you every day, 'I have loved you with an everlasting love'. TRUST in his timing. God longs to share a life of adventure with us, before we can share it with our future Adams.'He wants us to need him desperately' before we can play an irreplaceable role in any story. In the meantime, I want the Lord to allure me, to give me the qualities he has; 'tender and inviting, intimate and alluring, fiercely devoted'. In my singleness, this is what I tell my soul;


“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!” -Psalm 107:1
 
YOU are beautiful, fearfully & wonderfully made in the image of God. Where are you in your journey of self-discovery? Wherever that may be, learning to be patience is also vital. Rejoice in your waiting, God is already writing a beautiful love-story with your life. THAT to me is much more precious. Not to dismiss the marvellous gift that marriage is but I think that there is something rather special about 'the waiting period'. It's a time of learning, trusting, and above all...allowing God to be our LOVER. How many of us can happily exclaim that? So, today...I am happy, ECSTATIC in fact about where I am in my journey. I truly want to make the most of now, single or not, I want my first love to be at the centre of my life. So, be encouraged. Find JOY in your moments of despair! For they too shall pass, and just to conclude; here's a spoken words poetry by Janette Ikz. SHE is phenomenal...and her words resonates so much more than words can describe. So here is an extract from her piece called 'I will wait for you'.
 
'I await your revelation, but once again from the genesis, I will wait for you

And I will know you… because when you speak I will be reminded of Solomon’s wisdom,

Your ability to lead will remind me of Moses,

Your faith will remind me of Abraham,

Your confidence in God’s Word will remind me of Daniel,

Your inspiration will remind me of Paul,

Your heart for God will remind me of David,

Your attention to detail will remind me of Noah,

Your integrity will remind me of Joseph,

And your ability to abandon your own will, will remind me of the disciples.

But your ability to love selflessly & unconditionally will remind me of Christ.'

‘Wait on the Lord. That’s a double entendre. Wait as in wait. And wait as in Serve Him. Take advantage of the opportunity to concentrate on what is at hand. The rest will come, and it will be “all good”. - Michelle McKinney Hammond


To my future husband, I am praying for you, each and every day. But as for today, I will wait...

Fufu  


LINKS:
Janette ikz's spoke word poetry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igCj3jsbcqs
''A Man's Promise'' - a spoken word by Zach Cobos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yJnLqLWdSU&feature=related 
and last but not least, the book 'Captivating' can be purchased  here :http://www.amazon.co.uk/CAPTIVATING-REVISED-ELDREDGE-JOHN-STASI/dp/1400281016/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1353157742&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment